It’s what is underneath that counts. . .Posted: October 15, 2014 Filed under: Energy Medicine DNA, Iwannabeaskinnybitch | Tags: Amit Ray, anger, anxiety, bitch, Candess, Candess Campbell, chanting, complacency, conscious, Domingo, food, fun, Health, Housewives, Indian, Indian women, iwannabeaskinnybitch, journal, Kindle, life, Meditation, Mumbai, nurture, Om, over-function, past, relaxing, rest, Scandalous, skinny, skinny bitch, stress, Stuffing feelings, weight, weight gain, women Leave a comment
If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.
Amit Ray, Om Chanting and Meditation
Into the third month of my health plan, I’m getting to a place of complacency. What is showing up is the problem underneath . . . which for me has been stress.
My stress as I have shared, comes from doing too much. I won’t go into all that I do. Many of us do too much!
What I will say though is I notice when I over-function, I experience stress. Because I love what I do, I often don’t take the necessary time to rest. Stress is stress! Whether you are having fun or in chaos, it is still stress.
I am happy that I have lost some weight, feel better in my clothes, get compliments, but mostly, I am happy that I feel like I am in control of my life.
My focus for the next few days is to be conscious of what I am doing. Is it necessary? Fun? Relaxing?
This morning I awoke and lie in bed next to Domingo and read Scandalous Housewives: Mumbai on my Kindle. Now, that was relaxing. I enjoyed the comfort of my bed, seeing the tops of the trees and the sky out the window and having a fresh cup of coffee as I lost myself in the lives of these Indian women.
For me what has been under my weight gain has been stress.
Other reasons we may gain weight:
Living in the past
Lack of planning around food
Underlying health issues
Lack of education
There are so many more.
Hope you are using your journal to connect more deeply with yourSelf in your own process toward better health.
Some sentence stems to play with . . .
If you have not used the Sentence Stems yet, you can find how to do this here!
I become stressed when . . .
I unwind best by . . .
If I nurtured myself I would . . .
The Victim ArchetypePosted: August 25, 2011 Filed under: Energy Medicine DNA | Tags: 12 Weeks to, 144 strands, Activation, Angel, archetype, Ascended Masters, Balance, body, Candess, Candess Campbell, Chakra, conscious, core, Diane Stein, Divine Director, DNA, DNA Activation, Earth, EEB, EEB I, EEB II, EEB III, Energy, Energy Medicine DNA, Essential, Essential Energy Balancing, guardian, heart, Hypnotherapy, intuitive, Karma, Kinesiology, Lords of Karma, Manifest, Medicine, Meditation, Oil, process, Readings, reiki, Remote, Self-Healing, Soul, Vesta, Vesta Enterprises, Workshop, Workshops Leave a comment
In the last blog I gave you some information about the Saboteur Archetype and encouraged you to use the information to explore within yourself in the privacy of your journal. Today, I am focusing on the Victim Archetype. This information comes from information from Caroline Myss’ work in her Sacred Contracts book and the classes I took from her on Medical Intuition and Sacred Contracts. I have also added information that I have gained from working as a mental health counselor and chemical dependency professional for over 20 years.
Remember that we all have 4 archetypes that we share. These are the Child, Victim, Saboteur and Prostitute. Each of these archetypes have a positive side to them and with the Victim it is Self-Esteem. This would be the other side of the victim. The focus of my newsletter is All Healing is Self-Healing. This is also the focus of my book 12 Weeks to Self-Healing: Evolving Through Chronic Pain.
In the process of self-healing, you have to come to terms with your victim self and move beyond this state of being. You can identify your victim, confront the behavior, love and forgive yourself and bring your energy into present time. In fact, unless you can bring at least 80% of your energy into present time, you will not have the power to self-heal. What do I mean by bringing yourself into present time? Watch your thoughts. Do you go off to the future (which can create anxiety) or drift off to the past (which can cause depression) or are you able to be present in the moment?
I will write more about present time, but for now, enjoy exploring this archetype that can bring you high self-esteem once you embrace this part of yourself and move on!
Guardian of Self Esteem
Core issue is whether it is worth giving up your own sense of empowerment to avoid taking responsibility for your independence.
- When you don’t stand up for yourself after awhile you no longer can tell the difference whether you are being victimized or not; so either you are being victimized and don’t know it or you are not being victimized, but act as if you are.
- The victim archetype helps you decide what you will or will not do; a guardian of personal boundaries.
- Lessons associated with the victim archetype demand that you evaluate your relationship to power, especially with people with whom you have control issues and have to set boundaries.
- Primary objective is to develop self-esteem and personal power.
- You have contracts with people whose primary purpose is to help you develop yourself-esteem through acts of honesty, integrity, courage, endurance and self-respect.
- The victim will entice you to feel sorry for yourself.
- You can act like a victim and give in or call upon your companions and guides for help.
- Like the lion in the Wizard of Oz, you need to have the courage to look at your victim and make it your ally.
- Do you victimize yourself in the way you interpret conversations with other people?
- Does your victim alert you to protect yourself rather than letting people take advantage of you?
- Does your victim motivate you to be shrewd in the dealings of whatever house it is in?
- Does your empowered victim allow you to take risks in your life?
- The victim urges us to act appropriately when we are in danger of being victimized.
- The victim can alert us to being victimized through passivity and rash or inappropriate actions.
- It can also alert us to how we victimize others for personal gain.
- In shadow it may show how we play victim for sympathy or pity.
Bless your heart,