Great news! My blog is now up to date!
Just returned from a long walk along the river down to People’s Park. I am not sure how active you are, but getting out in your own neighborhood can be interesting. I watched a doe and her two babies cross the road, but wasn’t quick enough to get a photo.
There was a group of people floating the river in inner tubes and the laughter and energy was motivating. I definitely will raft the river before the cold comes.
Although I love it when Domingo walks me, it is much easier to walk farther with a friend. In this case, I called a friend who has lost a lot of weight, is healthy, beautiful and looks very young for her age!
Jim Rohn, a motivational speaker said, “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” I have quoted this many times and now I see how important it is to weight loss and being active and healthy. I can see the difference already in seeing myself as a woman who has an athletic trainer.
Those of you who are following this blog motivate me also.
“They danced slow circles in the sand, Javier singing the words to the Spanish version of the song, the melancholy music putting a strange ache in his chest, an ache he saw reflected in her eyes. Was she feeling what he was feeling?”
― Pamela Clare, First Strike
In Spokane, it is warmer down by the river and it was a beautiful morning for a walk. A group of us gathered to explore People’s Park and then meet at the Elk for lunch and conversation.
Most of us are single and so we had a fun discussion about relationships. Organically, the conversation drifted toward former relationships, dating and intimacy. It makes sense that how one behaves on a first date depends on values, religion, feeling safe, past behavior and I am sure a boatload of other reasons. Note to self – boatload – great Scrabble word.
Keeping with the theme of relationships, after we shared what we enjoyed about past relationships and what we wanted to create in the future, I created some questions to ponder.
- If you meet someone and there is strong physical attraction, do you kiss on the first date?
- How long do you need to know someone before you become sexually active?
- How many dates before you become exclusive?
- Once you are exclusive, is it okay for him/her to stay friends his/her ex?
- What do you do to scratch the surface and see what he/she is really made of?
- What do you do when he/she says they love you on the first date?
- When you first meet, do you believe what he/she tell you or do you wait to meet his/her friends or family?
- How do you tell him/her you are not interested, without hurting his/her feelings?
What are your beliefs about first dates and relationships?